Saturday 27 October 2012

Creative Times!

Since I last wrote ( hooow long ago?!) I have finally learnt to crochet!

I think I shall chart what I have made so far on here as a crochet diary for future!
I have pretty much put knitting on the back burner as I just get more enjoyment out of crocheting.
What bugs me about knitting is that if I make a mistake I have no idea how to remedy it, at least with crochet you can unravel at will and start again!
I think the main thing that I alway wanted to learn to crochet for is a tea cosy.  I finally made one last week:-


I got the pattern from here:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2219040/Lifestyle-Gran-Designs.html

and it only took a couple of hours.  I used Rico Creatice cotton and a 5 hook.
In hindsight it is too big for our Burleigh teapot, I think I am going to make another smaller one or tighten this one, I'm not sure yet.
I have been looking for a simple pattern for ages so was chuffed to find this, and more importantly it works.  It really keeps the tea lovely and hot ( so they are used for a reason ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment