Thursday 30 June 2011

Getting Excited

Well, this time next week my little girl will be 1 and my little boy will be 3.

I think it's fair to say I am lliterally bubbling with excitement. I'm excited about seeing their little faces when they open their presents. I'm excited about Gabe being able to articulate how much he loves his presents - at Christmas it was 'ooooh, woooo, I love it' so can't wait to see if that's changed!

I'm excited (if not a little anxious) about baking their birthday cakes and watching and trying to assist hubby icing them. Gabe wants a Brum cake (although this changes daily) and Kitty is having a pink number 1 shaped cake. Or mayble white with pale pink polka dots. The cakes have always been brilliant for gabe (in my humble opinion) so hopefully this year they will be too. God, gabe's tractor cake was fab last year and I baked it whilst having contractions with Kitty and Gaz decorated it on his actual 2nd birthday with a house full of people and a newborn baby daughter!

I'm excited about Kitty's little tea party on her birthday and decorating the table and balloons etc.. I've bought a banner today to hang on the front door that says ' I am one' (tacky) and some wooden bunting that says 'Happy Birthday' to hang in the hall (tasteful)

I'm excited about Gabe's birthday party at Wonderland at the weekend, that he really wanted and we weren't sure about. He will love it. Hope the weather is sunny so it's perfect

Just one downer on the birthday planning. Gabe has been asking all year for the WOW Toy Ambulance. If anyone has asked him in the last 9 months odd what he wants for his birthday he says that. Not ambulance, not wow toy, but Wow toy ambulance. So we ordered it from Over The Rainbow toy shop in Leek and it's sitting in the attic awaiting wrapping.

My mom asked him yesterday what he most wanted for his birthday and he said .......'a remote controlled spider' 'Kitty can have the wow toy ambulance!'

Bloody advertising on telly targeting children when eating their breakfast! He saw in on a kids cable channel at his cousins house....weep
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment