Saturday 11 June 2011

What a gorgeous Day

Hubby's birthday today.

Had an absolutely gorgeous day.  He opened his presents after working for a few hours this am ( well, Gabe opened them 'for him' and I had to keep the presents secret from him as he cannot keep a secret AT ALL, which I actually rather love about him, it is so cute!

When Gaz came home from work the other night the first thing Gabe said to him was ' Daddy, I've painted your card today'!!! I was like " shhhhh Gabe that's a secret," as Gabe repreated it ad infinitum!

We planned a picnic lunch but due to the typically crap English June weather ( showers) we ended up having a part picnic/ part indoor picnic at our great friends' house.

It was so lovely.  Kids sat on the picnic blanket and we sat round the garden table supping white wine and eating gorgeous picnic food and birthday cake.  The kids were good as gold ( until Gabe got tired and started running riot somewhat - nothing out of the ordinary, but to childfree couples he is a bit of a bull in a chinashop!!) 

We went to their local park to burn off some of Gabe's energy and sampled the delights of the zip- wire, very fast spinning swing thing and roundabouts.  Myself and girly mate were absulutely pissing ourselves and her husband spinning un-controllably on the round swing and not being able to stop himself as he would scuff his clean white shoes!!  We did ask him if he needed a hand - " noo, I'm fiiiiine!!!"

Our friend played his guitar for Gabe while Gabe strummed (??) the plectrum along the strings - Gabe absolutely loved that and Kitty was dancing along too. 
Our friend has a huge collection of guitars in his house, and as he was playing his posh guitar
( Rickenbacher?? SP??) Gabe glanced around the room and said
"Who's is that little guitar??" --- pmsl , the little angel.  He honestly thought we would just say ' oh darling, you can have that one!!!!'

Kitty was good as gold as normal - she is such a fantastic , chilled out baby - just a shame she is such a bloomin nighmare at nighttime and wont settle without boob a few times a night.  Still, I know she CAN sleep through and I am sure it will happen again some day

Still, It's not like I have a job.  If  I am a complete and utter zombie the day after the night before then I only look like shit at home and cant think straight here - it's not like the economy of the country is going to fail because I am knackered!

Hubby works 2 jobs so that I dont have to.  And I love him all the more for that.  He is fantastic.
And that is why I have ended his birthday evening with a lovely full body massage and other extras - he is fast asleep in the attic bedroom happy, and probably snoring by now.

Life is good.

Night night

No comments:

Post a Comment