Tuesday 7 June 2011

Not just Jam, and Jerusalem

I've just come home from possibly the surrealist night of my life. A meeting of the local W.I. Yes, Women's Institute!

I was enrolled by a lovely lady on the WI stall at Endon Welldressing ( a Northern thing, google it) I was initially lured by the cakes on offer (with the fab excuse that Gabe wanted one) and got talking to a lovely lady who looked genuinely shocked that I might be vaguely interested in going along.
Fast forward 2 weeks and along we went, myself and my fearless pal Jodie. The look of shock and the ladies' faces was fantastic. I think it's been a long time such they had any 'new' members, especially pre-menopausal.

The evening started with a rousing singsong of Jerusalum followed by what appeared to be a summing up of the minutes of last months meeting and looking forward to next months meeting. Not sure exactly what was discussed in this actual meeting!

We drank tea and ate biscuits then had a powerpoint presentation about Mauritius which I found very interesting.

Everyone knows Nannas make the best tea'
I love cardigans, prunes and I am learning to knit. Yes, I think i'll go back next month.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment